Saturday, January 29, 2011

Spanking

Before I start this post, yes Bobbi I remember what you told me, but oh my gosh it drives me nuts!!

I spank my child, and I have a paddle that I use. Now if you need to take a minute to process that.....okay that's long enough. My mom spanked me as a child, and every spanking I received I deserved. I am not depressed, suicidal, abusive to my child, a criminal, a sadist, nor do I walk around smacking people upside the head (although I want to quite frequently). I do not spank my child daily or even monthly. I never spank in anger and my daughter does not walk around fearful of me hitting her.

There is a proper way to spank children and some children need to be spanked. Spanking does not work on all children and that's cool too. I think that our society is worse off since so many parents don't spank their children. If you look back to the times where it was "normal and healthy" to spank there was less violence. There was also fewer problem kids. It drives me nuts when I see parents bash other parents for doing something different then themselves. Just because I spank does not mean I abuse my child. It means I am intelligent enough utilize a wonderful and effective tool that my child responds to. And since I use this tool it means that my child OBEYS me.

That is my stance on the subject, bash away if you like. Either way I am going to continue doing what works for my family.

Lots of Love!
blog comments powered by Disqus